Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Road Trip Preperation

  1. #11
    Inactive Member RacerXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2003
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Belts last between 10-12K miles.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 93SleepR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2002
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd say spare belts and whatever you might need to replace them but I've never had a problem on 4-5 hour road trips.

    Mike

  3. #13
    Inactive Member -TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2000
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll second or third the suggestion to take extra belts, zip ties, SC/alt. tensioners, and whatever tools it takes to change the belt/tensioner. Oh and a sharp knife...

    I've been stranded by 2 tensioner failures (the old plastic ones). Both times the belt got lodged/wrapped between the crank pulley and the timing belt cover. On a Civic, the belt that runs the SC is the same as the alt. - so you are going to drive as far as the battery will take you...10 miles at night as I found the second time.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member funky_cornbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well I'm back in the land of hot AZZ Phoenix. Temp today is a nice 105 degrees with about 17% humidity. Made the trip and nothing went wrong except for shitty gas mileage when in boost but that was only in Houston. Kept it between 80-90mph on cruise control all the way there and all the way back and nothing went wrong. Gotta give a big thumbs up to my installer. I basically brought the essentials: extra set of belts, 8,10,12 and 17 mm sockets, extensions, wrenches, zip ties, flashlight, extra coolant, volt meter, spark plugs and duct tape.

    Ended up not needing anything at all. Car ran like a champ. Gotta love climbing hills and leaving it in 5th all the way up. A/C was a blasting too. Dyno day coming up this weekend and looking to put down good numbers. Kami header and 2.5 custom exhuast coming up next.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 11, 2003 06:11 PM: Message edited by: funky_cornbread ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •